Thursday 15 September 2011

Shortbread Recipe for the MacMillan Cancer Coffee Morning



SHORTBREAD BISCUITS (HANDMADE)
MACMILLAN COFFEE EVENT
We are now in the month of September and I had not realised how quickly the Macmillan coffee event was approaching. So for this worth while charity, I had realised that with the support of my Party Tracker colleagues I had better start cooking.
This is not something that I tend to do, I usually pop down to the local supermarket and buy either biscuits or cakes. So out came the very dusty cook book (emphasis on dusty), and we at Party Tracker all decided, given my limited ability to bake cakes or biscuits on shortbread.
After following the instructions, which was more simple than I thought, the ingredients were put into a Mozaik clear plastic bowl, but then I had a bit of a panic (was not sure I had any butter or marg), but then some was found in the back of the fridge. But trying to mix it together was not as easy as I thought, but using a frosty white plastic fork to form a dough ball which took slightly longer than was anticipated. I finally managed to get the right consistency.
Following the instructions I put the dough on a lightly floured surface then rolled and cut out the shapes. These were put into the pre-heated oven, (yet again realised that there was no oven trays) so, after phoning around I managed to obtain one. These did not take quite as long as it said in the cook book, but then again I do have a fan oven, so would advice anyone else just to gauge the time, approx 20 minutes, or until golden brown. After they had cooled down, I placed them onto a red paper plates.
These have proved to be a great success, needless to say they have now all been eaten. So now onto my next cooking venture.

No comments:

Post a Comment